Pages

How to | Manicure ♡

Hello  ♡

When it gets to Autumn (which is my favourite season), the cosy weather makes me want to pamper myself so for once, I actually want to spend time giving myself a 'proper' manicure. 

Making your nails look as though you've spent £30 in a salon is easier than you may think and there are just a few steps to ensure a perfect manicure that will last a lot longer than just painting your nails quickly. Doing this process allows my manicure to last a minimum of 2 weeks, and who wouldn't want that?!

Step 1- Exfoliate. Wash your hands using an exfoliating hand wash, or if you don't have one then simply use any body scrub to remove any dead skin from your hands, making them soft before you've even really started! I used the Aesop- 'Reverence Aromatique Hand Wash' -£27 which contains finely ground pumice which leaves your hands feeling really refreshed.




 Step 2- Moisturise. After washing, use a nourishing hand cream to lock in the moisture you've created by washing your hands. Some say to moisturise at the end of your manicure, however I always find this risky because it's so annoying when you smudge your nail varnish! I used the Aesop- Reverence Aromatique Hand Balm - £69




Step 3a- Clip. Use nail clippers to cut your nails if you want them significantly shorter. I personally skip this step and go straight to filing however if you've let your nails grow for a longer period of time then this step is vital. 
Step 3b- Clip. Not only can we use clippers to cut our nails, but using the end of clippers comes in handy to remove the dead and hard skin from around the nail edge which just makes your nails have a neater end result!


Step 4- File & Buff. File your nails into the shape you like (I like my square) and then buff and shine to remove any ridges and create an even layer for the nail varnish to sit on.


Step 5- Prepare cuticles. Push back your cuticles to achieve an even nail base shape and then apply a cuticle cream to prevent your cuticles from becoming dry, I used the Burts Bees- Lemon Cuticle Cream £5.99


Step 6- Base Coat. Most base coats are also top coats meaning you can save money on buying 2! Apply a layer of your base coat and allow to dry. I used the Sally Hansen- Double Duty Base & Top coat- £5.25


Step 7- Colour. Apply as many layers of your coloured varnish as needed to create the colour you want. I went for a french manicure base colour giving me a french manicure without the noticeable white tips! I used the ElegantTouch-Rapid Dry Pink French Manicure £6.65  (Comes in a pack of three to create a full french manicure).


Step 8- Top Coat. When the colour coat has dried, apply 1 layer of your top coat and allow to dry.




Voila! You have the perfect manicure that will not only make you feel pampered, but will also last meaning no chips for at least a week!
Thanks for reading,
Claire xox




No comments:

Post a Comment